Course Description / Topics:
This course contains the essential information and instruction for Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF) system administrators to oversee and maintain the ICIDS (ICX/DAQ) system. Upon successful completion of this course, the trainee will have acquired the following knowledge and skills to utilize the ICIDS system:
- Identification of major components and their functions as well as familiarization with the system terminology,
- Discussing concepts of security zone configurations in relation to arming control and entry control as well as the reporting states of the zone with the various alarm descriptions,
- Demonstrating how to log-on, log-off and power down the PC-Starwatch program,
- Utilizing the Graphics Application with mimics and status information to include understanding the correlation between the hardware changing states and the system generated events (alarms),
- Discussing concepts of the I/O Configuration to include Remote Terminal Units (RTUs), Digital Inputs and Time Zone Controls as well as creating, modifying and deleting those database records with event details and features,
- Understanding the basic purpose and function of Groups with the ability to consolidate each security zone’s pertinent database records into the appropriate Group for easier user access.
- Explaining the purpose of Events (history reports) and demonstrating the Events Application and its functions.
- Understanding the system operator (User) records with different features of operator profiles and creating/modifying system operator (User) profile records,
- Explaining the basic function of arming control, access control and the role of facility users as well as demonstrating the procedure for entering facility users into the system with Personal Identification Codes (PIC) and Personal Identification Numbers (PIN).
- Demonstrating the procedures for the essential function of a system data backup
Duration: 2 days
Personnel who are responsible for the Day to Day operation, system administration or basic service of an ICIDS-III/IV system installed in a SCIF facility. This is an End-User/government personnel course only. Successful completion results in Certification as SCIF System Administrator.
Level 2 SCIF System Administrator
Experience with Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Access Control and the Windows Operating Systems (Windows XP).
Professional Training 16 Hours: $800.00.