System Administrator Course
Course Description / Topics:
This course contains the essential information and instruction for system administrators to oversee and maintain the ICIDS (ICX/DAQ) system. Upon successful completion of this course, the trainee will have acquired the following knowledge and skills to operate the ICIDS system:
- Demonstrating how to log-on, log-off and power down the PC-Starwatch program,
- Understanding the system operator (User) records with different features of operator profiles and creating/modifying system operator (User) profile records,
- Discussing concepts of the I/O Configuration to include Remote Terminal Units (RTUs), Digital Inputs, Digital Outputs and Time Zone Controls as well as creating, modifying and deleting those database records with event details and features,
- Understanding the basic purpose and function of Groups with the ability to consolidate each security zone’s pertinent database records into the appropriate Group for easier user access.
- Explaining the basic function of arming control, access control and the role of facility users as well as demonstrating the procedure for entering facility users into the system with Personal Identification Codes (PIC) and Personal Identification Numbers (PIN).
- Discussing concepts of access control and the role of Zones, Portals and Access Levels with the creation, modification and deletion of those database records,
- Illustrating the Graphics Application features of mimics and canvases to include creating or modifying of zone representations with assigning blocks and buttons, identifying text and designating the appropriate procedure files,
- Demonstrating the procedures for the essential function of a system data backup
Duration: 3 days
Personnel who are responsible for the Day to Day operation/supervision, system administration or service of an ICIDS-III/IV system site. This is an End-User/government personnel course only. Successful completion results in Certification as Operator/System Administrator.
Level 3 Operator/System Administrator
Successful Completion of Course Level 1 with proof of Certification. Experience with Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Access Control and the Windows Operating Systems (Windows XP/Server 2000, 2003).
Professional Training 24 Hours: $1,000.00.